Middlehope Veterinary Hospital, located in the picturesque Hudson Valley, is looking to add another amazing doctor to the team. Do you want to love what you do, the place you work, and the people you work with? Please join our truly remarkable 4 veterinarian AAHA privately-owned Middlehope Veterinary Hospital in Newburgh, NY near Poughkeepsie, Mt. Kisco, and New York City. Our owner Dr. Solomons recently said, “You are my family and I’m going to do my very best to take care of you during this pandemic!" in regards to his team. He loves to teach and to learn from other veterinarians. Constant improvement is a key value of his practice. One staff member shared, "Dr. Solomons bought us a new digital phone system so some of our front office staff could work from home doing callbacks and appointment confirmations." There is a real sense of team where everyone is dedicated to making things easier for everyone else.
When asked what they love about their job, Dr. Susan Biolsi said “There are many reasons I enjoy being a part of Middlehope Veterinary Hospital. In the almost 10 years I have been here, I have always felt appreciated, supported and that I wasn’t just an employee but part of a family. Being part of a privately owned practice makes a significant difference in feeling valued. Dr. Solomons takes incredible care of his staff and fosters an environment of mutual respect and caring amongst everyone. Most of our staff has been here for years and there is a genuine air of camaraderie and fun while taking pride in our medicine and professionalism.”
Middlehope has always been a hospital with the highest standards. As medical director, I truly enjoy educating all the staff to provide the best quality care and ensuring we effectively communicate and educate our clients. For a newer associate, this means I have a plan to help mentor and develop the skills you have already learned to practice confidently and effectively. For a seasoned practitioner, you will enjoy how much we all collaborate on difficult cases, benefitting from our different perspectives.
At the end of the day, I feel that happiness and fulfillment at work depends on the people and support around you. In Middlehope, I believe that remains unmatched.”
More about us
- Warm, fun, and inviting atmosphere; when you walk in, you feel the upbeat energy immediately. Just take a look at our Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/middlehopevet - you can feel the positive energy!
- Flexible scheduling is a real bonus to many team members and helps prioritize work life balance. The DVM schedule is 3-1/2 days plus every other Saturday 8:30-1 pm; each DVM has a LVT and assistant scheduled alongside them as support.
- All appointment slots are 30 minutes to allow for proper client education and work up.
- Great mentoring and collaboration: we have a DVM meeting every month discussing the latest and greatest current research. Everyone contributes to the discussion. This helps us get tremendous buy-in from both the veterinarians and the technicians.
- Equipment: ultrasound (one DVM performs abdominal ultrasounds), in-house lab, cold laser, digital whole body and dental x-ray, anesthesia monitoring and capnometer, Bear Hugger warming blankets.
- We take pride in going above and beyond AAHA standards.
- Your work is appreciated: Dr. Solomons thanks everybody every day for their work and contribution to the pets, clients, and the practice.
What we are looking for in a veterinarian with a:
- Passion for veterinarian medicine,
- Desire to learn and keep growing as a veterinarian,
- Interest/expertise in surgery and diagnostic medicine,
- Desire to be part of a great team and contribute back.