Are you an upbeat, driven, team player who loves animals and is looking to work for the Best Veterinarian in the Hudson Valley?! Then this position is for you!
Would your friends describe you as:
- a total animal lover
- a real people person
- excellent at multitasking
- detail oriented
- someone with a positive, fun demeanor
Then Middlehope Veterinary Hospital may be the perfect job for you! Repeatedly voted Hudson Valley’s Best Veterinary Hospital, Best Pet Resort and Best Doggy-Daycare. We offer complete veterinary wellness services as well as overnight accommodations, grooming, daycare, and training at our Pet N Play Luxury Resort.
Our Veterinary Assistants are responsible for the daily care of our patients including:
- Holding patients during exams and treatments
- Providing attentive, loving care to surgical and hospitalized patients
- Transporting patients via company vehicle
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Cleaning up after patients
- Assisting veterinarians and technicians
- Helping to keep the day's schedule on track
- Providing education to our clients regarding their pets' veterinary care
- Basic phone skills
- Maintaining electronic medical records, and basic computer work.
- Maintaining the highest level of cleanliness in and around our facility
Veterinary Assistants have the imperative job of ensuring our patients' safety and comfort while they are in our care. The right person will:
- love to smile and will make a good first impression on the phone and in person.
- be a team player who loves animals and is not afraid to jump in and get things done.
- be committed to a positive culture and work environment
Hours & Availability
- We are hiring either a Part time or Full Time Technician. Pets receive excellent care from our team 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday and from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday. Our team members participate in a Saturday rotation, so you won't have to work every Saturday!
We offer a positive, fun, place to work, filled with puppy kisses, furry and non-furry friends! We are also proud to offer:
- a competitive salary
- comprehensive animal behavior training
- paid sick and vacation days
- health insurance
- 401K with company matching
- Up to 50% off Veterinary Care, Training, Grooming, Daycare and Overnight Care!
If you can't imagine passing up this opportunity - Apply today!